For those of you who do not have the opportunity for a whole weeks holiday to experience the magic of snowshoeing here in the French Alps we have put together this great itinerary that not only gives you the full flavor of what snowshoeing really is but puts some comfort into it as well. The hotel we use is situated in the lovely town of Les Houches in the Chamonix Valley, sitting underneath the mighty Mont Blanc Massif. The hotel is comfortable, very welcoming with great staff and has a swimming pool and sauna.
Saturday morning sees us taking an easy three-hour snowshoe trek and having our picnic lunch before descending and making our way to the wonderful thermal baths and spa to totally relax before getting ready for our night-time snowshoe walk up to the refuge.
Dinner for two of the nights are at the hotel and the saturday nights dinner is at a refuge/restaurant which we snowshoe to. If there are clear skies there is nothing better than stopping on route turning the head torches off and taking in the beauty of the star filled sky and the Mountains shining with the snow reflecting the moon light. Sunday we will have a full day snowshoeing and depending on the weather conditions we will decided where to go, but there is a good chance of gaining an actual summit or high col before descending to return back to the hotel for our last dinner of the weekend.
- Discovering the areas around the Mont Blanc Massif, by the French side.
- Amazing views of the Mont Blanc and its glaciers.
- Thermal Bath and Spa in Saint Gervais Village.
- Night time snowshoe walk and dinner.
- Away from the crowed ski areas.
- 3 nights hotel based and all food included.
- Guided with highly professional and fully qualified International Mountain Leaders.
Things to consider: easy/moderate fitness level, no previous snowshoeing experience needed. Remember to pack a swimming costume for the thermal bath!
Price: € 895 P/P
- 3 nights hotel stay
- 3 breakfast and 3 dinners
- 2 picnic lunches
- All transport in valley
- Airport Transfers
- Travel Insurance
- Personal snacks and drinks