Based out of the lovely village of Guisettre which sits on the edge of the Queyras Natural Parc in the Southern Alps of France bordering Italy, we spend a magnificent week exploring this area on snowshoes. To say that the Queyras were almost purpose made for snowshoeing would not be a understatment, this is a snowshoe paradise.
Big Ridges, high cols, wide valleys make up this unspoilt region and the majority of it away from the ski resort areas and that is one of the reasons this area is so special. It feels remote and so back country, and is easily accessible with a reasonable amount of fitness and a pair of snowshoes.
Using our catered chalet in Guisettre it gives us access to some of the best snowshoeing terrain out there, also the village is delightful with shops, bars and restaurants which are great to explore after dinner or on your free evening.
- Exploring the beautiful area of Queyras – France.
- Snowshoe paradise.
- Uncrowded trails.
- 7 nights / 6 days of Hiking.
- Accomodation in a fully catered chalet, in Guillestre village.
- All equipment provided.
- Fully guided with highly professional and fully qualified International Mountain Leaders.
Better to know: We do not have a set itinerary as we believe to have this set in stone does not allow us to maximise the snow conditions and to be safe.
Fitness level: Easy/Moderate.
Price: €1450 P/P
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 6 dinners.
- Accomodation based on twin sharing
- Six days of snowshoeing
- All technical equipment needed (Snowshoes, poles, Arva kit – Transciever, probe and shovel)
- Fully qualified International Mountain Leader, English and French speaking
- Travel to & from the start and finish of the trip at our catered chalet in Guisettre
- Personal insurance cover (which must include Winter mountain sports cover and helicopter rescue)
- Dinner on Day 5 (Wednesday) Your free night to eat out in Guillestre