Chamonix the famous alpine mountain town nestles at the foot of Mont Blanc the highest mountain in Western Europe: 4810 mrs with glaciers that tumble down towards the valley floor. Chamonix is famous for its world class mountaineering, climbing and trekking in the summer months and steep skiing in the winter season. It is also an amazing place to be based for great winter snowshoeing treks. Many summer trekkers are under the illusion that when the snow falls they have to stop having fun in this outstanding mountain area.
The snowshoeing here is fantastic and with easy access to the start of the routes and trails BigSmileAdventures snowshoe guides can show you a Narnian style winter wonderland.
- Discovering the areas around the Mont Blanc Massif, by the French side.
- Amazing views of the Mont Blanc and its glaciers.
- Winter weather, blue skies and snow.
- Back country, away from the ski resort areas.
- 3 full days of snowshoeing to above 2000 mt.
- 4 nights in Chamonix, hotel B&B.
- Guided with highly professional and qualified International Mountain Leaders.
Things to consider: The actual routes may have to be changed in the advent of bad weather and high avalanche risk, your guide will decide this at the time and will discuss it with you.
Price: €800 P/P
- Snowshoes, Poles, Safety equipment (Avalanche transceiver, shovel and probe)
- 4 nights/3 days stay in a Chamonix based 3* hotel, twin sharing room.
- Breakfast each day
- Transport in Valley to the start and return from the snowshoe treks
- British International Mountain Leader
- Transfers from the Airport or to the Airport (This is a land only holiday that starts and finishes in the Chamonix valley)
- Lunch and dinners. (With such a great selection of Boulongeries and resturants in Chamonix, it is easy to find great food of every type and so we thought this would be nice than just eating in the hotel each day and you get what you really want to eat)
- Personal insurance cover (which must include Winter mountain sports cover and helicopter rescue)