The Slovenian and Friuli Julian Alps are one of the last hidden gems of the European Alps, jagged limestone mountains rising straight up from the road and alpine pastures. Bubbling brooks and rushing rivers, pine forests stretching as far as the eye can see. The alpine flora here is in amazing abundance and it is possible to see many wild mountain animals.
The Julian Alps are unspoilt and almost unknown to the British and French trekkers, one thing you notice when you come here is how clean and unpolluted it is. The word to describe the Julian Alps really is pristine; it is almost how the French Alps must have been fifty years ago.
- Trek through two Countries – Slovenia and Italy.
- Three Countries, three languages, three cultures.
- Hidden jem of European Alps.
- Amazing amount of alpine flora and fauna + Triglan national park.
- Uncrowded trails, pristine and untouched.
- Between 15km – 20km every day, ascents between 700mtrs – 950mtrs.
- 7 nights / 6days of Hiking.
- Hotel based with one night in an alpine hut.
- Guided with higly professional and fully qualified International Mountain Leaders.
Things to consider: There is one day where sufferers of vertigo might not enjoy themselves as much.
Price: € 1661 P/P
- 6 nights in a 3*hotel on a twin sharing room
- 7 breakfast
- 1 night in a mountain hut
- 3 dinners – arrival night, hut night, last night
- 1 lunch
- transport to and from the startand finish of hut day
- Experienced and fully Qualified International Mountain Leader
- Airport Transfers
- Travel Insurance